WHAT WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT
- Non-fiction – This typically sells better than fiction, provided the author is a savvy marketer.
- Prepper topics (these are selling very well right now)
- Adult coloring books
- How-to books
- Erotica, erotic anthologies, erotic non-fiction, erotic romance (Yes, sex sells!). If you are interested in ghostwriting erotica, please let us know.
- Fiction that is exceptional
WHAT WE WILL REJECT
- Poetry books – A few poems are fine but an entire book of poetry will be rejected. Poetry rarely sells.
- Collections of short stories.
- Children’s books (young adult novels will be considered, however).
- Color-interior books (refer to our BookLocker.com division for color-interior publishing).
- Illegal material – We won’t accept manuscripts that teach people how to perform illegal acts. (i.e. how to steal credit card numbers, teach a dog to fight, etc.)
- Portraying child abuse, or minors in sexual situations – Any manuscript that describes a child being abused will be rejected. If your character is in a sexual situation, they need to be 18 or older.
- Manuscripts that may lead to lawsuits against the author – Memoirs that describe child abuse attract lawsuits. While we know writing these are therapeutic, they carry a heavy legal liability. We will reject any manuscript that we feel may lead to lawsuits against the author. Examples: My Ex is a Jerk, My Uncle Sexually Abused Me, My Boss Discriminated Against Me, John Doe at the CIA Railroaded Me and Now I’m in Prison, etc.
WHAT WE ONLY PUBLISH THROUGH BOOKLOCKER.COM
CONTACT BOOKLOCKER IF YOU WANT TO RETAIN YOUR RIGHTS, AND EARN HIGHER ROYALTIES.
BookLocker accepts the same genres as Abuzz Press, but also publishes:
– children’s picture books and other children’s fiction
– color-interior books (for children and adults)
– previously published books
– memoirs, autobiographies and biographies
– books by authors located outside of the United States
– hardcover books
If any of these apply to you, please submit your manuscript to BookLocker HERE.
Please save the information below in the event your ISP times out on you during the process.